They don’t teach Community Management in college. Come intern with us.
Our Mission: Terkel is a knowledge platform that creates community-driven content featuring expert insights. Our mission is to connect brands with trusted experts…and to give “voice” to the uncelebrated.
1. Terkel means “giving voice to the uncelebrated.”
2. We are a technology startup based in Old Town Scottsdale with remote operations.
3. Our partners include brands like GoDaddy, organizations like SCORE, institutions like the University of Arizona, and publications like Small Business Daily. We have partners all over the world in all different types of industries.
Now, for the details.
We are looking for a Community Manager Intern.
The sole responsibility of a Community Manager Intern is to create community-driven content featuring expert insights. Our community consists of successful entrepreneurs, business leaders, and knowledgeable experts from around the world. A Community Management Intern nurtures relationships, attracts new panelists, and edits insights to make sure panelists look good.
You are a Super Connector on campus and online. Signing up for a summer at a remote startup sounds exciting. Writing and editing come with ease. Multitasking and time management are strengths. Sending a segmented email campaign via Mailchimp and crafting a customized status update depending on the social media platform is in your wheelhouse. You’re adaptable, smart, and find a way to get things done.
What’s a day-to-day look like? Here it is.
- Recruit panelists to submit expert insights for articles
- Edit articles to ensure panelists are viewed positively
- Write article introductions to present panelist insights
- Send email campaigns via Mailchimp to notify panelists of article inclusion
- Share social media status updates to notify panelists and promote partners
Ready to grow Terkel? Here are the things that stand out on a resume when we evaluate candidates:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, English or Journalism
- 3.8 GPA or above
- A love to connect people
- Unsatisfied curiosity for marketing
- Basic knowledge of WordPress
Terkel is a great place to grow your knowledge and expertise in a progressive field that is becoming increasingly more complex.
The start and end dates of this internship align with the Spring Semester schedule and are flexible during both Spring and Summer. This is a paid internship with an hourly wage of $12.15 / hour.
Apply by sending your resume cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org