Many small businesses, in-house PR managers, and marketing agencies can benefit from Terkel’s Team account features. If you manage multiple Terkel accounts, you can easily access and switch between your clients’ accounts without sharing login information. Plus, all accounts on a Team plan include the benefits of Premium accounts.
In this article, you’ll learn how to connect clients to a Team account.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Before you can connect accounts, you’ll need to sign up for a Terkel Team account
- When signing up for a Team account, use an email address that can be accessed by multiple members of your team (example: email@example.com)
- Make sure you know the email address of the individual client accounts you’d like to connect to your Team account. You’ll need the email address to request access, and grant permission to connect
- You can always connect additional users to a Team account, or remove users at any time
- Additionally, each of your clients must have a Terkel account before you add them to your team account
Signing up for a Team account
To sign up for a Team account, follow these steps.
- On the Team sign up page, fill out your company name, email address, and password
- Click “Team Plan”
- Enter total number of seats. This number should be the number of accounts you’d like to add to your Team plan. Each Team plan comes with three seats.
- Select method of payment, with either PayPal or a debit or credit card. Pricing for Team plans is $199 / month, with an additional $30 per seat after three seats have been added to the plan.
- Click Continue after payment has been submitted.
Request access to a client’s account
Once your Team account has been created, follow these steps to add client accounts to your Team plan. Make sure that each of your clients has an existing Terkel account, prior to adding them to your plan.
1. Click “Home” to begin adding accounts to your Team plan.
2. Enter email address and click “Add Account”
Clicking Add Account will send a verification email to the email address. We’ll email the client on your behalf with a request for access.
3. Click the link in your verification email to approve the request
Once you click the link, you’ll see an “Account Link Approved!” notification in your browser.
4. Confirm that the account has been added by refreshing your Team account home page.
5. Repeat the verification process until all accounts have been added to your Team plan.
That’s it! After the client approves the request, you’ll see the Verification change from “Pending” to “Complete.”
To help your client grant access, show them this guide.
Switch between client accounts
With client accounts connected, you can quickly move back and forth between them without logging in and out of Terkel.
To switch between client accounts, follow these steps.
- In the navigation bar, click Home.
- Click “Select Account”
- In the navigation bar, click “Questions.”
This will allow you to answer questions, view the dashboard, and edit profile information on behalf of the account.
Return to your Team account
To return to your account, follow these steps.
- In the navigation bar, click “Home”
On the Home page you will be able to select an alternate account.
Adding seats on a Team plan
To add or reduce seats on a Team plan, follow these steps.
- In the navigation bar, click the “Team Plan.”
- Click Purchase More Seats.
- Input the number of seats you’d like to add to your Team plan and click “Confirm Seat.”
- Click “Add Seat to Subscription” to modify your existing Team subscription
Input payment details via Paypal to add seats to your subscription on a monthly basis, starting on your next billing cycle.
- Complete Pending Transaction
Depending on your billing cycle, we will prorate your seats for the rest of the month. This amount is calculated based on your existing subscription.
- In the navigation, click Home once a successful payment has been made to begin adding accounts to your plan.
That’s it! You’ll now be able to add new accounts to your Team plan.
Reduce seats or disable client account access
If you no longer want to access your clients’ accounts, you can remove your access at any time by reducing seats from Team plan settings. Please note that Team plans can only reduce seats if there are more than 3 seats on the plan, and that Team plans will need to purchase a seat first to replace a user on the plan.
To reduce seats or disable client account access, follow these steps.
- In the navigation bar, click Team Plan.
- Click “Reduce Seats”
- Enter the email address you’d like to remove from your Team plan and click “Remove Seat”
You’ll be taken to Paypal after clicking Remove Seat to adjust your Team plan subscription with Terkel.
- You’ll see your updated Billing Amount and Next Billing Date, as well as you Subscription Modification Transactions on your Team Plan page to confirm that seats have been reduced.
After your accounts are connected, explore how these Terkel features can build success for your clients.
- Unlimited answer submissions. “Lite” accounts will be limited to five answer submissions per month, while Premium and Team plans will have unlimited submissions.
- Early, VIP access to questions. You’ll have the first opportunity to answer a question and be given more time to craft an answer before a question closes.
- Support and editorial coaching from Terkel to help increase answer selection.
Questions about the Team plan? Shoot them our way by signing up for an account and sending feedback.